After a lengthy hiatus (anyone notice?) alt lit’s premier flashfic ‘zine is back.
That’s right. Microscenes is happening again, shorter, quieter, and with less fuss than ever.
October’s theme is…
Yeah, it’s an easy one to be lazy with if you want, but I’m pretty confident that you won’t be.
Here are a few monsters I am particularly wary of:
- The Internet
- The Right/Left Political Spectrum
- White Van Men
- Football Fans
Hopefully that is helpful, somehow… Yeah. Good luck!
Submissions in the following forms are encouraged:
- 60-90 second videos
- Poetry (500 word max)
- 300-500 word vignette/flash fiction
- Music/audio (eg reading, noise, experimental. 5 minute max)
- Triptychs (paintings, photographs, screengrabs, illustrations, macros, etc)
- Comics (1 page roughly 3 to 5 panels, no more than 100 words of text)
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is October 28th.
If you have any questions or aren’t sure about something please contact FRXTL via Facebook or the address above.
Previous instalments of Microscenes can be found at the links below